Grini-museet: Fanger. Foto: Pål Stagnes
From Grini Museum. Photo: Pål Stagnes

Pictures from Grini Museum

 

Concentration camp Grini.

The main building (today Ila Prison) was originally built to become the state’s new women’s prison, but was not yet used for this purpose when the war started on April 9, 1940.

In the beginning, the building was used for internment by Norwegian prisoners of war. But from 14 June 1941 it was taken over by the German security police – GESTAPO – as concentration camp.